Welcome to the Reber Roundup Blog, an online campfire cocktail hour.

We may only have the Reber Roundup for a few days a year, but here, online, we can gather 'round the campfire at any time. Please post your pictures, your recipes and your thoughts about the weekend. If you are having trouble with posts, just call me and we'll walk through it.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Contest "SPURS" Excitement!

We are so dog gone diggity excited about the Pork 'n Beans we are all about to experience at this years Round Up! However, we know you'll be sad when Ed and I head down the dusty trail toting the spurs home...BOTH of them this time. But weep not! It is with great sentiment that we all, I'm sure, recall the winners of years past (forgive my poor memory in some cases...it's all that tequilla).

1999 and earlier - Well, hell! Did we officially have a contest at this point?

2000 - Is this the year Dan McFarland took the spurs for his amazing cowboy poem? This may be the first year the spurs officially appeared.

2001 Write Your Own RAWHIDE - Heck....there were so many great entries but I'm recalling the spurs went to Colin Fogerty for his non-stop campfire crooning and guitar strumming.

2002...Umm....Hmmmm - I think this was the year Marc Guichard took the prize for his spontaneous artful creek sculpture. We settled on an alternate spot somewhere in Washington. Maybe that confused us.

2003 Poop Shovel Decorating - The Rose-Hascall family "dug" their way to the top with their Dung Beetle Shovel

2004 Cowboy Olympics - I do believe Nicole and Cane took the spurs for spittin', rollin' and yee-hawin! And the wee cowpokes kicked some but with a woodsy scavenger hunt.

2005 Cowboy Cocktails - Major Matthew and Heather Moore performed "A Concise History of Jack Creek Told in Booze"

2006 Cowboy Couture - Austin Rose and Holly O'Leary...so few cloths and so close it was a tie

Well, that's all my cloudy brain will allow me to recall. Feel free to correct me but keep your hands off my spur! I still 3 days to revel in the glory!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Thanks for the compendium. We'll look forward to posting the winner(s) here.